Thank you for your interest in becoming a tutor!
Undergraduate students interested in becoming a tutor must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 (including have earned an A or B in the course for which they will serve as a tutor)
- Must be recommended by a HU faculty member;
- Must satisfactorily complete the required tutor training.
- Meet with students promptly at pre-scheduled times and locations
- Help students master course material by coaching them to independently complete their assignments
- Maintain current and accurate records of hours worked
- Review the tutor manual and sign the confirmation form denoting your understanding of the material listed
- Must be available to tutor between 2pm to 9pm Monday-Friday and 9am to 2pm on Saturday and Sunday.
Prospective tutors should pick up an application from the Office of Tutoring > and Learning Support Services.