Current Size: 100%

Information for

Forms & Petitions

The documents below are provided as fillable PDFs.

Fill in all applicable fields on the computer, print, sign and date, and return to the Office of Undergraduate Studies.

Please Note: Some web browsers are unable to fill in forms. Students are advised to save the form to their personal computer before filling in the fields.


Academic Petitions

Only for students that were recently suspended and have documented extenuating circumstances ouside of a student’s control. Reinstatement petitions are rarely approved.

Petition Deadlines

  • June 15th for the Fall Semester;
  • January 2nd for the Spring Semester.


Used to request dropping, adding, withdrawing, or otherwise enrolling in one or more courses after the published deadline.

You are required to discuss the merits of your request with your CAE academic advisor and course instructor (as appropriate) before you submit the petition.


For enrollment as a visiting student at another college or university.

Note: Courses taken at other institutions without prior approval will not be considered for transfer credit.

Please visit the Office of the Registrar at


Intra-University Transfer Request

This form is for current Howard University students requesting to change majors, minors, or concentrations within the University.

Download the Intra-University Transfer Request (PDF).

COAS Graduation Checklist

  1. Print your BisonWeb transcript.
  2. Read through the graduation checklist before attempting to complete the information. Please note that a list of divisional courses is attached.
  3. Be sure to pick up the list of major and minor requirements (available in OUS/CAE) or a program scheme from your academic department.
  4. Meet with your faculty adviser to review and approve your major and minor courses.
  5. Submit the original graduation checklist (signed by you and your faculty adviser) to an OUS/CAE academic adviser. Attach a copy of your BisonWeb transcript and retain a copy for your files.