Transfer & Advanced Credits

Howard University accepts courses taken at regionally accredited colleges and universities as well as Advanced Placement, Caribbean Advanced Proficiency Examination, International Baccalaureate and other advanced credits taken in high school.

Official transcripts must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar’s Office. Only courses with a grade of “C” or above are eligible for transfer. Grades do not transfer only credits earned. The Office of the Registrar reviews general education course transfers. The Schools and Colleges are responsible for reviewing discipline-specific courses.

For more information, please visit Transfer of Credit & Articulation Agreements.