Congratulations on your acceptance to Howard University!
New Student Orientation (NSO) is designed for all incoming first-year and transfer students to be introduced Howard University, and to provide students and their families the opportunity to learn more about academic support services, student development
initiatives, and technology tools for academic success.
All new students are expected to participate in and complete New Student Orientation, which includes Bison Prep, Virtual Howard, and Bison Week. Our goal is to facilitate a seamless transition to Howard University, so that you immediately acclimate and become a part of the Bison family! If you have any further questions or concerns pertaining to New Student Orientation, please email us at email@example.com. Due to high volume of daily email inquiries from incoming students and their families, please allow the Orientation Team 48-72 hours to respond.
Mark your calendar for summer and fall orientation. Expect to have access to event registration as follows:
- Mandatory Orientation for new First-Time-In-College (FTIC) and Transfer Students: TBA
- Howard for ALL new students: Access will be provided TBA - NO PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED
- Bison Week for ALL new students: Coming Soon! There is no general registration for all events. Individual event registration links will be posted as received. Check this page and your HU email for periodic event updates.
Part 2 of New Student Orientation - Virtual Howard: Intro to Life at the Mecca is an online self-directed learning series IS for new first-time-in-college (FTIC) AND new transfer students. You will learn about academics, campus life, student success tips and support units, and community standards.
Get started by logging into orientation.howard.edu. Follow the instructions to create a new account. You will need your Student ID # and an email address. Completing Virtual Howard modules in one sitting is not required. Once your account has been created you may start, stop, and continue at your convenience, but you must complete all modules before TBA.
Overview & Registration
The Bison Prep Forum provides new transfer students and their families an opportunity to learn about Howard University's key academic support services and tools for academic success. Students will engage with faculty, academic advisors, and other key personnel to be guided through orientation and first year requirements.
The Bison Prep Forum comprises two daily sessions
- General Welcome Session for all new transfer students.
- School/College Academic Support Session. Schedules vary by School/College/Major